Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Distractions

Life is full of distractions.

You know what your distractions are, I don't have to tell you.

I've been battling my own distractions. 

When my distractions (not sinful things, just things that take my eyes off the priorities in my life) rule, I realized I have: less joy, less patience, more self-focus, and feel distant from my Savior. Makes me spiritually dry!

I must lay aside what distracts me, run hard after Christ, and fix my gaze upon Him.

Just acknowledging that caused a wave of peace to wash me and revive me. 

1 comment:

BekLovesJeremy said...

so true! thanks for the encouragement. so easy to become discouraged and self focused here in this stage of life. i want my life to be poured out for my Savior and for those around me. but i've been struggling. sometimes i feel like i'm suffocating here in this house surrounded by small children, rarely having adult conversation or leaving the house. but i've been listing to the series on ROH on being a servant and it's really challenged me!
but i could really use a coffee date with a fellow mommy about now who is following hard after God.