Thursday, August 23, 2012

08/23/12 - Hardening our Hearts

This morning my bible reading lead me to Psalms 95...here's just verse 6 to 8

"Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
For he is our God,
and we are the people of his pasture,
and the sheep of his hand.
Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts..."

I was stopped at "do not harden your hearts"!

How often do we harden our hearts by ignore the conviction of the Holy Spirit? How often do we avoid doing the hard things God is calling us to do?

Oh may our hearts be soft to the voice of God in our life and may be keep ourselves humble under His mighty hand!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Heather! I was very thrilled when I came across your blog. You see, I read your book 'Emotional Purity - an affair of the heart' when I was a teenager (I am now married) and I was thoroughly encouraged by it. Your book was a great help in my life. Thank you for serving the Lord and sharing with young ladies the importance of purity. I have become a follower and I will enjoy reading your future posts.

Blessings to you,
Stephanie
theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

Heather Patenaude said...

Stephanie...what a wonderful testimony! Thank you for sharing!

Heather

ManWhoStares said...

This was genuinely so refreshing and hopeful. Thank you.