Tuesday, June 5, 2012

06/05/12 - Email

I always enjoy hearing from readers! These types of emails bless me more than you know!


"Hi Mrs. Heather, 

I just wanted to thank you so much for your book Emotional Purity and all that it means to me. I am sure that you get emails like this all the time but this book is truly amazing. It is my favorite book (outside of the bible). I have read many books on purity but have never read one that touched me so deeply and really hit home for me. In fact, I just finished reading the book through for the third time.

A year and a half ago your book, along with the hand of God, helped me get out of an emotional relationship that had been battling in my head for some time. After I got out of my 'relationship' (it was only in my head) the Lord placed a group of girls for me to share my testimony with. He continues to give me a platform and although I am very thankful I never would have guessed I would have been here nor have I asked for the platform. I am only 18 and while many of the girls God has sent my way are my age some are older and younger as well.

I have told so many people about your book and tonight will be finishing a girls bible study where we went through your book chapter by chapter discussing how we can apply the principles to our lives.

I am continuing to find that purity is not a black and white concept but that you have to have an open mind about it and if not you miss out on the greatest ministry and learning opportunities. I am continuing to ask people around me, who have gone through relationships, for advice. Gathering information so that I am equipped for when the day comes for me. In fact I have already had to explain to a few young men that I do not date although they looked at me funny I feel again that they Lord used it to minister to the young men. I've also found so much freedom by sharing with my parents little things, even though it was hard at first.

Again thank you so much for the encouragement you have already given!"



Emotional Purity was first published 11 years ago and it blows my mind that God is still using it to challenge and encourage young men and women!

To God be the glor
y!

No comments: