Friday, May 25, 2012

05/25/12 - The Voice of God

Yesterday I started Discerning the Voice of God, by Priscilla Shirer. As I read it reminded me of advice I've given young women who are single.


I am often asked, "How do you know God's will in regard to marriage?"


Lately my reply has been, "Learn to hear and know the 'voice' of God in your life. He speaks to each of us differently and when you can hear His voice, that assurance will be the guide to follow the green light or stop if there's a red light (or red flags!)."


This book is what I'd recommend if you want to know the different ways that God "speaks". 


If you are single you have a chance to get to know God with an undivided heart and attention. Take FULL advantage of that! When life gets busier, and noisier (with kids ;-) ) you'll know how He gets your attention and you'll be able to hear His voice over the noise of life! 


Cultivate a deep, intimate relationship with your Creator! Ask Him to make Himself known to you in a new, fresh, powerful way today! 


Praying for you today! Hugs!

3 comments:

Roxana said...

Thank you for the advices - maybe you can even develop more since it's not very likely some of us will be able to read the book.

Thank you for your prayers - please pray also for John and Roxana for God's green light to enter into "official courtship". : )

Blessings.

Evelyn said...

Thank you for your advice. I agree with Roxana, I live in Croatia, Split, and I can`t read the book. I am going to ask in "Euroliber" Split for book, but...
God bless you!

jyothi said...

Thanks for your prayers