Tuesday, May 22, 2012

05/22/12 - Audience of One

Lately that phrase "audience of One" has played over and over in my head.


Being misunderstood, criticized, words twisted, mistreated, or slandered for speaking the truth can be painful. We may want to retreat. We may want to defend. We may want to clarify.


But those are all reactions to having the fear of man.


We must not worry what others think of us.


Yes, we should engage and dialog but our goal isn't to satisfy their tickling ears, but please the One that really matters.


Galatians 1:10 For am I seeking the approval of man or of God?


Live, breathe, and move for the audience of One!

2 comments:

Lisa kipp said...

This was good - thanks. So often I want to defend myself and I have to remember that is the Lord's job not mine.

Sophie A. said...

Another good post Heather. Planning on sending this to a friend who's struggling with this right now. Thanks!