Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10/04/11 - Emotionally Healthy Church

I've recently finished a book: The Emotionally Healthy Church. This book is a must read if you are wanting to work in ministry or work with people at all (so yeah pretty much for anyone).

This book is written for pastors and church leaders, but is a valuable resources for YOU!

I don't recall putting a hold on the library for this, but one night my husband brought it home for me. I started reading and couldn't put it down.

It answered a lot of questions and confirmed a lot of my beliefs about emotional maturity.

The author states: If you don't grown emotionally, you can't grow spiritually. That is a power packed sentence.

After giving you a test to asses your own emotional maturity, he goes on to share 5 key areas we must seek to grow in.

  • Breaking the Power of our Past
  • Live in Brokenness and Vulnerability
  • Receive the Gift of Limits (having healthy boundaries)
  • Embracing Grief and Loss
  • Making the Incarnation your Model for Loving Well
These five power packed chapters will give you a fresh perspective for ministry, motherhood, friendship, and life!

I hope you take time to read this book, not just for the Body of Christ, but for your own heart!

No comments: