Monday, August 29, 2011

08/29/11 - Teachable

How teachable are you?

How teachable am I?

The older I get the more I see having this attitude of being teachable is key to growth, healthy relationships, staying broken and humble, and relying on Christ.

Being willing to allow someone to see the real you, challenge you, ponder what they say, and actually change...that's real emotional maturity!

Being teachable was one quality that my dad told me to look for in a husband (actually dad's advice was aside from their walk with Christ, that being teachable, hardworking, and treat their mom/sisters nice were the three things to look for in a mate) and I am thankful for his advice.

What a blessing to live and be married to a person who is teachable on so many levels!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

"Teachable"- that's definitely a quality I'm going to add to the essential list for a husband! Thank you! :)

On a side note, I'm going through Beth Moore's video series "Wising Up" right now. I think you'd like it, Heather. I started the 4th lesson tonight, and one thing she said (that relates to this post) is that God only gives us the measure of correction needed to instruct us (based off of Psalm 103:10 - "He does not treat us as our sins deserve.") In other words? He wants us to be teachable!

Evelyn said...

When one older sister in Christ had 6 young ones (including me) she gave us some advices on what we need to pay attention while we are looking our future husband. One of that advices were that we must notice how he treats his mother. I think that is so true! That helped me in my recovery after relationship.
God bless