Saturday, July 9, 2011

07/09/11 - Tame your Tongue

The other day my oldest son asked me, "Mommy, what is a tamed tongue?" (He was listening to a music CD that quoted James 3:8 "No one can tame the tongue, it is a restless evil full of deadly poison"

My words have gotten me is a lot of trouble over the years. I tend to be outspoken and uncontrolled in my speech. This has been an area that God has pressed in on more over the past couple of years.

I said to Miles, "A tamed tongue is a tongue that lets the Holy Spirit fully guide and direct it."

Not sure what he understood, but that is a tamed tongue, that's what I want. I want every word I say to be guided and directed by the Holy Spirit. I want my words to bless not curse. To support or pray for and not judge.

Oh Lord tame my tongue for Your glory!

No comments: