Friday, July 8, 2011

07/08/11 - Think of others

As I've been in the Sermon on the Mount nearly every day since the beginning of the year, the verse: “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them" Matt 7:12 has been a theme around here.

I am asking my boys all the time, "Would you want your brother to treat you that way?"

Yes, the simple golden rule has been on my heart over the past few months.

Do I treat others the way I want to be treated? Do I take into consideration how I am to live in light of this verse? Are others more important than me? Do I truly care for others feelings more than myself? Am I being proactive, looking for ways to treat others the way I want to be treated?

Treating others the way I want to be treated requires me being uncomfortable and/or inconvenienced. It's the example Christ left for us. He laid it all down for others. Through the power of the Holy Spirit we are to live our lives as Christ did!

No comments: