Friday, June 24, 2011

06/24/11 - Be a doer

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

Let that sink in, re-read it!

We must not just hearers of the Word, but doers. We must radically obey the words of scripture.

The consequences of being just hears causes me to shutter! Our churches are packed full of hears who remain untouched by what they hear. They call on grace, yet live their lives with themselves on the throne of their heart!

May we not be untouched! May every aspect of our lives be radically touched by the Gospel!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather, i have read your book on emotional purity an affair of the heart. It's a great book. I Really loved reading your book. Since i become a christian women i have learned to wait on the lord and save myself for marriage. I now know that when god is ready for me to have a relationship with a man he will provide one for me. For god says: if you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. John 15:7