Friday, June 10, 2011

06/10/11 - Sanctification

"Marriage is one of God's best instruments for sanctifying His children! Differences between spouses work great for revealing their true spiritual state." - resolved2worship -

My friend posted this on her blog and it jumped out at me!

I've been thinking through sanctification in my life and seeing how I can tend to see things through a selfish perspective and not, "How is God using this to sanctify me?"

We tend to be self-centered in our thinking when issues of life arise. We may ask, "Why, God?" His only answer may be, "To sanctify you my child!"

We can think of being single through this self-centered perspective, when in reality God will use being single and being married as a tool to sanctify us.

God's hand of sanctification will grow you into Christ-likeness, which will further the gospel. It's all about Him and once we realize that we can move aside and let His perfect will be done.

No comments: