Tuesday, May 24, 2011

05/24/11 - Wrestling Prayer

Yesterday I started reading "Wrestling Prayer" by Eric and Leslie Ludy and could hardly put it down (of course with three kids, being outside most of the day...I got though four chapters, which is a lot for a busy mom!)

The Ludy's talk about knowing the tools we have to fight the unseen battle. As I was reading I got this feeling that I wanted to pick up a big spiritual "Gladiator" sword, put on full spiritual armor, and run into the battle, screaming. (Sorta cheesy, but it's how I was feeling.)

We must know the weapons we have to demolish strongholds and anything that sets itself against God (2 Corinthians 10:4-5). Our weapon is living and active two edged sword. (Hebrews 4:12)

We must learn how to use these weapons so we can walk in freedom that comes from our salvation.

Sadly Christians pick up nurf $1 store swords when it comes to fighting this unseen battle. We don't know the power we have in the Word of God and in our prayer life. So we live in defeat, letting sin rule in our bodies. We don't have joy, we struggle with feeling peaceful, and we are unable to love with the love of Christ.

I am excited to read more of this book...but these are my thoughts so far!

3 comments:

BekLovesJeremy said...

sounds amazing! my friend and her husband are attending their Bible college this fall. i'm so excited for them!

Lindsay said...

That is an excellent book! Eric and Leslie have been long-distance spiritual mentors to me since 2004 when I attended a small group training session with them. Sicne then, I've been back for 5 other events. They live what they preach, and are wonderful, God-fearing people. I highly recommend a weekend at Ellerslie!

Heather Patenaude said...

That is awesome Bek!!!

Lindsay, I'd love to go to a weekend at Ellerslie!