Friday, February 25, 2011

02/25/11 - God Sighting

Don't you just love when God radically shows off!? When He's like, "Hey watch this!"

Well, that's what happened in the last 24 hours!

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling defeated, worn out, exhausted and overwhelmed. Just a mix of a lot going on in my life, not bad, just the purging, pruning hand of God's! It's not always pleasant!

I logged onto Facebook to see a prayer request for a family who lost everything due to an apartment fire a couple of night before. I told my friend I would pray for them and asked if there was anything I could do to help.

In a mere 6 to 8 hours I was OVERWHELMED (in a very good way) at how God showed up!

We found them housing, beds, couch, coffee table, and towels. I had phone calls from people willing to donate pots, pans, kitchen stuff, clothes, food, gift cards, and a bunch more! There's a few people who reposted my request which lead to groups running donation drives this weekend!

This morning I had another person donate camp for two of the three kids, I've watched people come from everywhere to help this family! I know a we'll be able to provide for all three kids to go this summer if they want to!

God showed up in a big way!

I'll have to take a picture of all the donation, but seriously it may take two or three truck loads to get it all to their new house!

God is amazing! Thanks for letting me be apart of this...that's all I have to say! What an honor!

No comments: