Thursday, February 10, 2011

02/10/11 - Sermon on the Mount

I've been reading through the sermon on the mount almost every day for this entire year (part or all of it every day).

The other night my husband and I read it out loud, which I hadn't done.

When we got to chapter six I noticed a verse repeated itself three times in that chapter:

"Your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you" vs. 4, vs. 6 and vs. 18.

Verse 1 says: Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them.

What three things does Jesus say is "practicing righteousness"

1) Giving

2) Prayer

3) Fasting

Yes, we must be people who give, pray and fast in our own personal private closet!

How are you doing in these three areas? (Not a question to answer, but to ponder!)

No comments: