Friday, January 28, 2011

01/28/11 - Call for the Wailing Women

Last night I re-listened to Nancy Leigh DeMoss' talk: Call for the Wailing Women

It's a powerful talk and I've listened to it at least 4 or 5 times.

She uses a word picture, I've used with other friends as I gently confront in sin. When we desire to confront someone I think we often are afraid to offend them and to come across as judgmental and prideful.

But here's what Nancy says when she wanted to warn a friend in an emotional affair:

"Sandy if my neighbor's house were on fire, I wouldn't worry about offending them, hurting their feelings or waking them up in the middle of the night.
I would go, and I would not be nice. I would not be kind. I would not be calm. I would not be soft. I would go screaming and yelling at the top of my lungs to warn them of the danger and to try to help them get out of that house. Sandy, I've got to tell you, you are in a burning house and I want to help you get out."

How many of us have friends in "burning houses"? We see the smoke and the flames, but we're too scared to hurt their feelings that we don't say anything. We don't want to offend or come across mean. So we watch their house burn to ashes.

May this not be so! May be we the Church that can help our friends out of harmful, hurtful, situations! Don't sit by and watch your friend do things that throw kindling on their fire, help them out!

Maybe you're burning your house down. I will pray that God will bring along a friend to help you out of the smoke and fire, TODAY! Do not let one more day pass that you live in this burning house!!

No comments: