Thursday, January 20, 2011

01/20/11 - Friendships

When it comes to friendships I think of two verses:

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals"

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another

Your friendship have the possibility of drawing you closer to Christ or pulling you away from Him.

Examine your friendships, ask: Does this person cause me to become more like Christ or less like Christ, in your thoughts, actions, and attitudes?

We are called to bring people to Christ, but if a friend is causing you to "corrupt good morals", then maybe it would be wise to limit your time with that person and find more friends that will "sharpen" you!

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Dear Heather,

I've enjoyed reading your blogposts. Thank you for sharing what God has put on your heart. I've been having some computer issues, so I'm not sure if you received my email on 1/17/11. If you could let me know that would be wonderful.

Blessings,
Felicia (felicia.alvarez@sbcglobal.net)