Monday, November 29, 2010

11/29/10 - Self-Control

I've been camped in the book of the book of Titus for the last week or so. Do you know that in chapter 2 there is a description of older men and women and also younger men and women? On those four lists there's only one quality that we all should be striving towards: self-control. (Actually it's the ONLY thing young men should be working on!!)

God is pointing out areas in my life I need to be, think, act, and live out a self-controlled life.

As I've been studying this, I am listening to a past Revive our Heart programs on Titus and really appreciated the day when the topic of what a self-controlled woman looks like, versed a woman who is not self-controlled.

I've have a long way to go to be a self-controlled woman!

Here's the link to that day's program on: Sound Thinking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did a study about 5 years ago on Titus 2, written by Martha Peace. It was with a room full of Christian women of all ages. What a privilege and joy! 20 year olds, 50 year olds, and 80 year olds all studing God's word together and learning how to be Titus 2 women. May God bless you richly in your study of Titus 2, Heather. :)