Saturday, November 13, 2010

11/13/10 - Extreme

Someone can hear a message like emotional purity and take it to the extreme. When I hear stories of controlling parents or young girls who fear even having a conversation with a young man at the risk of "giving her heart away", I cringe!

We're not to operate out of fear or extremes, but a moderate, balanced life, where you see truth and grace as a perfect blend.

Anytime someone is extreme on one end or the other: only fear, failure, blame, insecurity, legalism, and bondage will follow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather, I just wanted to let you know that your book has changed my life. I finished reading it last night, and for the first time in years, I deep burden has lifted off of my shoulders. For many years, I've dealt with a broken heart from past relationships. I thank God for you, and may He bless you today with His provision, protection, grace, mercy, peace, and love. God is indeed good. I'm on the road to healing and recovery!

Heather "Paulsen" Patenaude said...

Praise GOD!!!

I love comments like this!!
Heather