Sunday, October 31, 2010

10/31/10 - I'm a wimp!

Yes, I'll admit I am a wimp when it comes to the stomach flu!

Thursday I woke up feeling blah, but I thought it was because I had a short night of sleep. Well, that blah got worse and worse. So for three days I was down with the stomach flu...no fun!

Having the flu brings out my wimpy side indeed. I just wanted to cry, I wanted to crawl in bed and not come out! I wanted to be pampered! But I had no choice, I had to be mom! I had to make meals, do laundry, and just push through my own sickness (of course my house needed a lot of attention today and more tomorrow).

Again, motherhood is not for the faint of heart or the selfish of heart.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: if you want to be preparing to be a wife and a mom, practice being selfless!!!! Then practice some more! And then practice some more!

Purging as much selfishness from your attitude before marriage will make your marriage and motherhood way more satisfying! The more selfish you are, the more you'll be miserable! (and make those you live with miserable!)

I'm back to myself today thankful for my health!

2 comments:

Holly said...

a stinking men about the selflessness. that is an amen with a stinking in the middle, not like "stinking men" -- lol :)

been thinking about this lately, and not so encouraged by my flesh patterns rearing their ugly head. i will say that i for one, am not naturally inclined to selflessness. need some Holy Spirit up in my spirit for that one :)

thanks for the post. it's encouraging to run across something on the blogosphere that is confirming what has been running through your head :)

blessings -
holly

Holly said...

oh I also liked what you said about how the more selfish you are the more miserable you are. we are deceived into thinking it's the other way around, that somehow if we get our way we will be truly happy. but Jesus was right when He said to die daily and that in death there is life. it is so wild how that works. i do not understand it. but I agree, there is definitely more joy and less misery in choosing to not be self centered.