Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/23/10 - Obedience

Last week in bible study the topic was "obedience".

Here were some of my thoughts:

  • Obedience equals death to self, living for Christ and you have an absents of selfish tendencies
  • Obedience is letting God's "flashlight" flash into every area of our life, our thoughts, our motives, and our actions.
  • With obedience we have a purer view of God. Disobedience clouds our spiritual filter.
  • Obedience shows a heart that understand it's position under God's authority.

I have a lot to chew on and process myself.

How about you? What does obedience mean to you?

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

To die to myself and to give authority in my life to Jesus. To be filled with God Spirit, to behave in a way that is His will, not mine. To die to all my wishes....
In Zajednica,in Split, we now have a home group where we study " True discipleship" from Willam macDonald. It`s great!
God bless!