Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10/20/10 - Luke Warm

The other day I wrote this as a Facebook status:

"We are living in times where we can not straddle the fence of faith. We must choose our side, we must stand our ground, we must decide what we believe and live it out. We have no choice! We must live out loud and if we choose the side of faith, grace and truth, we must not fear what others think. We don't have time to play games with our Christianity!"

I was taken to the verse in Revelation 3:15-16: I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

After a conversation with a friend I was thinking of this verse. In college I had a short time of rebellion to the Lord. Thankfully it was a short season, but it was this verse that the Lord used to pull me back to His side.

I was straddling the fence. I was in church on Sunday, with a heart that was just going through the motion. I was living for my own wants and for the approval of man.

One night the Lord promoted me with this verse. The word "spit" literaly means: vomit. How I didn't want God to vomit me out of His mouth. That night I choose, I choose to live my faith out loud and to not fear.

We are living in strange times (of course much of mankind has felt that at one point or another), but I strongly believe, with all my heart, that believers needs to show a watching world the life changing joy of knowing God. Joy in trials, joy in pain, joy in whatever comes your way.

One way of getting that joy is to immerse yourself in God's word, study it, know it, memorize it. We're in a battle and you must choose what side you're on: God's side or the worlds side. Otherwise you will be vomited out of God's mouth!

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

Thank you for this post! I choose to walk with God, but things happening in my life make me sad and separate me from that feeling of joy.
Thank you dear sister for that encourage to believe and walk in God`s Word.
I don`t really want to be vomit....

higginsbee said...

Hi Paula. I am new to your blog. I noticed your comment on ReviveOurHearts this morning! I am from Chattanooga and attended the conference here in March. Nancy Leigh has been such a light in my life due to her allowing God to use her while submitting to His will. I, too, came to the truth about being lukewarm about 5 years ago. This scripture changed my view on a lot of things about Christianity! I was claiming it but not walking it out. There was no fruit in my life. I am encouraged to see someone like you posting in such a transparent way. I know there are kindred hearts out there who know the truth and will stand up for God. I feel like the "church" is full of ungodly people and are the leaven that God speaks of in 1Corinthians 5:6 and 5:9. It corrupts the whole conception of faith that misleads whole churches. I believe we are living in "strange" times but God is always working and never sleeps. He is shaking our "church" group and sifting out who is not His at the moment. It has been a strong "revival" and the experience has been painful but is building faith in those who are truly His!! I wonder what you believe about the people who claim to be God's people? Do you think that there are few on this narrow road and not the masses that claim they "believe" in Christ? I would like to hear your honest views on this. I can appreciate the topic of emotional purity since I have seen so much destruction due to the lack of it. (In my own life and others) WOuld love to hear from you! Thanks! Barbara Higgins

Heather "Paulsen" Patenaude said...

Barb...I will be anwsering your questions in an upcoming post!

higginsbee said...

I look forward to it...thank you!