Monday, October 18, 2010

10/18/10 - Word and Priorities

This past weekend there were two words that I felt kept coming up over and over: word and priorities.

My heart was challenged over and over to dig deeper into God's word.

As a mom I often share with single women that when I was single I had hours to feast on God's word and now I do a lot of nibbling. Yes, as a mom I am busy, but that's not an excuse to not grow in my knowledge and study of the bible. I just have to have right priorities!

So word and priorities were two themes for the weekend.

I have time to study God's word, however my priorities are not always in line with God's priorities, so I make excuses! (I love God's gentle hand of correction!)

Holly Elliff, mother of 8 and a pastor's wife said, "Often women do what we're not called to do, so we're too tired to what we are called to do."

I am called to know God's word, to actively grown in knowing God's word more, to let His word change my mindset and life. I am also called to pass this on to my sons. It's a high calling and this weekend was yet another amazing reminder of what God has for me in this season of my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd say those words are important for single women as well; though we are single we can be just as busy.

Heather "Paulsen" Patenaude said...

Yes, thanks for sharing that! Even as a single we can lose priorities and not be in the word enough!

Thanks for the comment!