Monday, August 23, 2010

08/23/10 - Fallow Ground

I'm going through a bible study: Seeking Him with a three other gals. Last time I went through this study, I did it alone, so I am looking forward to going through it with other people. It's always neat to hear what someone else took from each lesson.

The first week's memory verse is: Break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you. Hosea 10:12

Fallow ground is ground that has once been plowed, but not laying waste. The idea that our hearts were once passionate for God, but have since become a waste land.

If you read the next verse: "You have plowed iniquity, you have reaped injustice; you have eaten the fruit of lies. Because you have trusted in your own way and in the multitude of your warriors." Hosea 10:13

The section that jumped out at me was: you have eaten the fruit of lies.

Eaten...we've taken it in, digested lies, and they sustain us. How often do we believe a lie without really seeking the truth? How often do we even have a hard time telling the difference between the truth and a lie. Is it because we've "eaten" the lies?

May we be people who earnestly seek truth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!!! Thanks for sharing :D

The Kautts said...

Heather,

Thank you SO much for writing your book "Emotional Purity- an Affair of the Heart". God has used it to be a tremendous help to me. I have been somewhat like your "Tracy" in the book-- except I am much younger and have never dated- I will be courting someday, LORD willing.

Thank you again,
Johanna K.

www.texasskies.blogspot.com