Tuesday, February 2, 2010

02/02/10 - Home

Last week my family took a mini vacation to the Dells in Wisconsin...what a great trip. I posted pictures on my personal blog: www.xanga.com/patenaude

I didn't want to come home, I wanted to stay a few more days, however when I woke up in the morning with a stiff back and neck I did look forward to getting back to my own bed and pillow.

The first night back in my own bed I snuggled in and sighed..I was home. It hit me then, this world is not my home. I shouldn't be comfortable in this environment because I am not experiences the benefits of "home". How I long for heaven!

Knowing that the only thing I can take with me to heaven is my children, my heart and focus remains on teaching them the beauty of knowing and loving God in a deeply personally way!

1 comment:

ledatangen said...

You were quite close to me when you were in the Dells then. I am in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The Dells are a fun place to visit.