Saturday, December 26, 2009

12/26/09 - My single friends

Dear Single Friends,

I think of you often during this holiday season.

Two Christmas' before I got married, I came home after a beautiful Christmas Eve service and just cried. I longed for my own family, for a husband and children, to have my own traditions with. Little did I know that it would just be 18 months later that I got married.

It all felt so painful, ya know watching others have families and being single, having this longing go unfulfilled. But I knew I knew the One who knew...so in that I rested.

The holidays are tough, but rest in the safe arms of our Lord, whose birth we celebrate. Know that you are in His timing and not your own.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and pray that as you ring in the New Year you keep your eyes on Him and not on your unmet desires!

Love,
Heather

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for this post Heather. May God continue to strengthen you in your work and family.

Anonymous said...

thank you Heather for this post. May God bless you and continue to strengthen you in your work and family! thanks again... you have no clue of your beautiful ripple effects in peoples lives as you are obedient to Christ in serving us in this way. Peace

LT said...

Thank you. I needed to hear this!

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, very useful piece

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I think polite post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to review the sound story.

ledatangen said...

Thank you for this post. I have been feeling his for quite some time. I will be 24 in just over a month, and although I know that's still young (and even younger than it used to be) in terms of marriage and starting a family. But I still get scared-thinking that I'll never find my husband. But I try to have patience and put my faith in God that he knows what he's doing with my life-even if it's not what I want.

I do have a question for you though-I have been thinking about not "dating" anymore, in the casual sense. I am becoming more interested in Courtship-but I don't know how to bring this up to my parents to have them be involved. Thanks!