Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12/15/09 - New Year's Resolution

So in the coming weeks a lot of people will make a New Year's Resolution. I have a challenge for you, if you have yet to plan yours.

Do you want to become sensitive to what in impure, unlovely, godless? Then I challenge you to cut your TV watching to one show per week and not watch one rated R movie in 2010!

In the ministry I worked in after college I signed a form that stated I would not watch rated R movies the entire year. After the year was up I did eventually see a rated R movie and it hit me that I had become re-senstitized to what is pure, lovely, holy, and of good repute. Since then I have seen very few rated R movie.

Not only that but that year I had very limited TV. Again, I had become re-senstitized.

So if you want a challenge this coming year, turn off the TV, and avoid rated R movies. By 2011 you'll be shocked at what you were desensitized to!

5 comments:

Beloved of God said...

So true. Thank you for the idea - I may just do this! Also, living in England, the media here is incredibly crude, disrespectful and full of sexual innuendo. I don't watch TV anyway because I have no time, and very rarely a movie - it's the newspapers and internet media I have to avoid! I do want to be resensitised to what is lovely and pure again! Thank you!

Love Unawakened said...

That is SO true!! Im not a big fan of R rated movies, but TV subconsciously encourages premarital sex so much that we often become use to the idea. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Elizabeth said...

This would have worked for me in the past, but unfortunately the Internet leaves the door wide open! :( So I need to adjust your idea a little bit.

Evelyn said...

Thank you Heather! I must say that I`m a bit sensitive about those R movies. I try to avoid watching them but you gave me great idea! Thank you.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Btw.you have a wonderfull family :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your movie rating challenge. Watching movies for the past year for my family has been wonderful since we purchased a Clearplay dvd player and filtering software. We can watch virtually any movie (that has a filter) and have all the junk filtered out. Before Clearplay, we hardly ever went to the movies because of the objectionable content.We highly recommend this player.