Tuesday, December 8, 2009

12/08/09 - To my guy readers

Lately God has been impressing on my heart the importance of a young man knowing how powerful an influence a woman has in his life.

I've been praying for my future daughter-in-laws because I know that they can build up or tear down my sons. I pray that God will be equipping her to be the godly influence he will need in his life.

How about you? Are you aware of the influence of a woman in your life? Don't play with fire, don't even entertain the idea of dating a girl who isn't completely in love with the Lord, you will get burned!

Remember you should strive to marry a Proverbs 31 woman, not a Proverbs 5 woman!

2 comments:

Adamson said...

Amen. I have the whole section of Proverbs 31 highlighted in my Bible, and I've read it so many times I've lost track. But, as sad as it is, it may take me longer to find a spouse. Because as we go on in this generation, more and more people are falling away from God. But I've set my standard, and I'm sticking to it.

sexualchivalry said...

My mom taught me very early how to pray for my future wife. I remember praying for my wife's sexual purity when I was still in elementary school. Made a powerful impression on me that the marriage relationship was one that you prepared yourself for throughout your life and that it was possible to love and honor, and betray and dishonor, your spouse long before you ever met.

I'm currently working on a book for young men about how they can heroically love their future wives in their current single lives.