Monday, November 30, 2009

11/30/09 - Phew

That's how I feel, phew! Do you ever just want to take a huge sigh? Well, that's my sigh.

What a week, what a month, what a year...on to December tomorrow.

This year has been marked by a series of "issues", starting with two months of morning sickness, to work related stress, then on to family health issues, to baby issues, ending with family conflicts...but how do I deal with all this stuff through God's perspective?

Lately I am reminded of the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. Actually, I've been repeating them over and over in my thoughts. This is how I am to deal with these issues, in grace and love, demonstrating these fruits.

Through all of this I ask God to show me my own sin, to revel my own ugliness. Why go through tough times if we take nothing from them? That seems fruitless to me!

I am excited for this holiday. To celebrate the birth of Jesus. It's not about eating a lot of food, shopping, opening gifts, baking treats, or holiday parties, it's about realizing our need, our deep need, for a Savior. To know, not just in our head, but our heart, that Christ bore our sin upon the cross. He took God's wrath for us and through that act of selfless love God views us. Praise be to Him!

Maybe it's been a tough year for you? Maybe not, either way, ask God to shape you more into His image through it all!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Thank you for this post! To me, this year was full of changes. If anyone told me that this things would hapen I`ll tell him: "Wow, that would be wonderfull!"(in some things) God is working in our hearts, He is shaping us. But sometimes we want to take things in our hands, we forget what Jesus is capable of doing, we think that some things are imposible for God to do, but He is Almighty and He wants only the best for His children, for us... Praise God!!!!