Sunday, September 27, 2009

09/27/09 - Busyness

Are you super busy? When your friends ask you how you're doing do you normally say, "Busy!"?

Why are so many of us busy all the time? Why do we avoid margins in our life?

I believe busyness is one of satan's tools on us. When we're so busy doing things: work, school, ministry, church, family, friends, and hobbies, it can keep us from sitting quietly at the feet of Jesus.

This season of my life (being a mom of two preschoolers and a baby) I have realized I have to keep plenty of margins in my life. So my commitments outside of my home, are very limited. This allows peace to flow from me and within my home.

If your so busy you have no time for the Lord, then re-evaluate what you can "let go of" to make that most important time with God.

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

Well, I just (Thursday) graduated so now I have to find kindergarten to do my preschool practice. I have time for God, to read Bible, to pray. Although I think sometimes the day is full of works, cooffe`s with friends, time with my boyfriend. You sometimes make me to stop and think is Lord still on first place in my life. Thank you!

LT said...

Wow. What a great and convicting truth! Thank you..

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you! BUSY = Being Under Satan's Yoke.

I am a student chaplain at my school and our college chaplain always reminds us not to be "defined" by our busyness. We may be "busy" but that doesn't have to define us because otherwise people get the idea that we have no time in our life for them at all.

Elizabeth said...

Another way of looking at it is, how do you feel when you ask someone how he/she is doing, and the answer is "busy"? That always makes me feel kind of like the person is either complaining, or bragging about how many "important" things he has to do.

Sometimes we feel like we are the only ones who are busy or get tired, while time management and priorities are challenges that everyone faces.