Saturday, September 12, 2009

09/12/09 - Same ol' thing

Lately I've been thinking about the phrase: You can't do the same thing and expect a different outcome.

It's so true!

If you're tired of finding yourself in relationships where you "fall" for your friends, then you may have to change what you do to have a different outcome.

I was the type of young woman who was always falling for my guy friends and it wasn't until I made some radical changes that I stopped the pattern that was so present in my life.

Now "falling" for my guy friends isn't a problem for me now, but I have other areas in my life that I want to see some changes in. In order to see change, I have to make some adjustments in my behavior. If I keep doing the same ol' thing, I'll get the same ol' outcome! Every time...guaranteed!

Are there things in your life you want to see changes in? Are you willing to do the work it takes to make those changes?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So true! I sometimes view repeated behavior as a weakness that God lets me have, so that I will trust in Him.

It is often rooted in something spiritual, not just a silly habit! And it might be tied to a gift that we are misusing. It is wonderful to be a sensitive person, but the flip-side is that a person could take everything too seriously.

It definitely takes a lot of discipline, prayer, and even accountability to make changes that will last.