Wednesday, September 2, 2009

09/02/09 - Teachable

Are you teachable? Do you have a teachable heart?

One of the qualities my dad told me to look for in a mate is a man who is teachable.

The older I get, the more I see the beauty of a teachable heart. The willingness to look for advice, input, and other people's guidance in life has blessed me in so many ways. I am thankful for the people in my life who teach me so many thing.

Last night was the first night of a 12 week bible study with over 90 women who attend my church. The bible study is based on Titus 2 and the goal is to connect older women and younger women in mentoring relationships.

One of the points that came up during our small group was being teachable. As a younger woman I must be teachable to older women's advice. I am excited about what the Lord will do in this bible study.

How about you: how important is fostering a teachable heart in your own life?

2 comments:

LT said...

Wow! I have never looked at it this way before, but you are so right. We need to have a teachable heart, especially to keep getting to know Jesus! :) What a conviction this is and thank you for it!

Kendra Logan said...

I definitely do not have a teachable spirit. It's something I really have to work on.

Great post!

~Kendra