Friday, July 31, 2009

07/31/09 - The Air I Breath

Someone recently said that we breath the culture in and we don't even realize it. It's true, for all of us...we can't help but breath it in and be effected.

Then today this song came to me: This is the Air I Breath

Here are part of the lyrics:

"This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence living in me

This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word spoken to me

And I, I'm desperate for you
And I, I'm I'm lost without you"

I want to breath in God's pure air. I want His Word to be my daily bread, to not look for anything else to satisfy me! I want His presences in my life! I want to be desperate for Him!

Anyone else want to be desperate for nothing but Him? Lord, cause this to be reality in the lives of your children!

4 comments:

AbigialNicole said...

i've sang that song a thousand times but never thought of it in that context. thank you for giving me a fresh look at that song and for expressing what everyone's desire should be: to be desperate for God!
Eternally His,
Abby

Narelle Worboys said...

Amen, Heather.

Maiden of Purity said...

How beautiful! Just as AbigalNicole mentioned, I have heard that song so many times and always sing it, however, your descrition is so true! We often don't realize how easy we have it, being able to worship Him always, and we often choose not to! Praise God for this post!

Beth Ann said...

Really good thought. :) I enjoy listening to that song.