Tuesday, July 21, 2009

07/21/09 - What are we letting in?

Lately I've pondered those things we let in our life that keep us from walking in a way that pleases God.

This line of thinking was started when I heard Beth Moore talking about keeping our gates as strong as iron and making sure we are aware of the things we are letting into our hearts, minds, and lives.

The culture is all around us. It's impossible to escape. We breath it in and the church has become so influenced by the culture that I feel we don't take time to really process what we are watching, reading, talking about, and doing.

I believe we are to be in the world...so we must be actively engaging the culture, but we are not to be of the world...we are not to be doing the same thing as someone whose life has not been radically altered by a saving relationship with the Lord.

As I process this thought, I am thankful for God's grace and guidance in this matter!

2 comments:

Vidya said...

I've been on the same thought these days..
Hmmm..My blog will link to this post^_^

Growing In Grace Magazine said...

Very true. I find that the more I rest in His grace and focus on Him, the less I see the 'world' in that aspect. I no longer feel so consumed to be careful because my eyes are on Christ. But I certainly used to be consumed with it. I am thankful for the Holy Spirit! ~Sisterlisa