Saturday, March 14, 2009

03/14/09 - Joshua

In my read through the bible I am in the book of Joshua. As anyone who has read the bible knows, each time you read you see something new, something fresh, and something with a new application.

I feel like I am reading Joshua with a new set of glasses this time around and I am seeing how much of what is in the book I can relate to in a new way!

I read this verse yesterday: "But the Jebusites, the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the people of Judah could not drive out, so the Jebusites dwell with the people of Judah at Jerusalem to this day." Joshua 15:63

Wasn't God more powerful then the Jebusities and their gods? Then why were the people not wiped out?

When I read that I just stopped. Often God calls us to a hard task and it may seem impossible. So we hit a road block and what is our response? It seems that the people of Judah gave up, caved in, and forgot the task God had given them.

Many times Moses warned the people to not allow any remnants of Canaanites and to not let them live among you...then why were the Jebusities allowed to remain.

Just a reminder to me that when God lays a battle plan before me, not to get discouraged when the battle gets tough and to remember who is on my side!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Amen! Thank you so much for your post!