Tuesday, March 3, 2009

03/03/09 - Issues

Do you have an "issue" that you feel you just can't shake? You feel like it pops it ugly head in your life when you least expect it? It's a constant reminder of your desperate need for God's grace?

I have an issue. It's been my thorn for years. When, in my flesh, I think of this issue I become agitated and annoyed. But I know in my heart how this issue drives me to the heart of God and in that I find peace.

Let me say I don't think we are called to live in sin and try to not grow and purge sin out of our lives. But I do believe that God gives us each issues that remind us of our need for Him. We must, however remember that sin has no grip on us! Jesus died to bring that freedom!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note, sorry I've not been around as much as I would have hoped. I am feeling good, my brain feels a bit mushy still ;-) I feel like I am trying to get my feet under me still after 10 weeks of being sick. I am 16 weeks pregnant and starting to feel baby move around in there!

However, when I am pregnant I struggle deeply with fear (I think miscarrying my first baby opened that door). When I am struggling I feel that it is a time for me to ask the Lord to fill me, keep me peaceful, calm, and trusting Him. During these times I use my extra energy to feed on His word and know that, although His ways are not always comfortable, they are good!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

hey heather. My name is Andrew and I just wanted to tell you that I just got done reading emotional PURITY. I started reading it last saturday and finished it tonight. Can I just say thank you so much! God led me to this book at the right time in my life. I needed to read this book and have it minister to my heart and soul. It has showed me a lot of things and I am telling all of my single friends about it. I am a young adult pastor and I plan on teaching the book and study questions next fall. Thank you for your words of wisdom and experience. May God continue to use you to make an impact for His Kingdom...

In Christ,
Andrew

Heather Paulsen said...

Andrew,

Thank you for your comment! May God bless your study this fall!

In Him,
Heather

Amy said...

Hey there! New to reading your blog, but I just wanted to mention that this particular blog is exactly what I need today. I, too, have been struggling with that one thorn in the flesh, and it's encouraging to hear the words of others. Congrats on the baby!!

Have a great day!

Amy