Friday, January 23, 2009

01/23/09 - 10 weeks 2 days

Today I am 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant. That may not seem like a milestone to most expecting moms, but as my long time readers will know, I miscarried my first baby at 10 weeks and 2 days.

In the three pregnancies since my miscarriage I am always thankful to get past today. It just feels like a hurdle I have to mentally get past.

This week has been a bit emotional for me (pregnancy hormones aren't helping ;-) ) After my miscarriage I became even more passionate in the right to life movement. Many women abort their babies at the stage I am today. After losing a baby at that same week, I know what they are "getting rid of".

When I held my little baby, I could see its eyes, nose, ears, toes, fingers, mouth, spine, heart, and brain. It fit in the palm of my hand and it was the most precious thing I've ever seen. This was a baby!

So when we pass the 36th anniversary of Roe V. Wade (as we did yesterday) my heart is heavy with sadness. As we come under the leadership of a new president who wants no restrictions on abortions and wants to make them even easier, my heart is heavy with sadness.

Yesterday our new president signed an executive order than the United States would no longer torture known terrorists in order to gain intelligence on future attacks on America. When the White House spokesperson shared this news with the press, the room broke out in applause.

So now we can't torture known terrorists, but we can rip a baby from it's mother. Just doesn't make sense to me at all. How can we be a kind, loving society if we turn our back on the most innocent of life?

If you've not visited the site: FightFOCA.com please do and sign. Let your voice be heard!

There is also a great video you should check out!

4 comments:

MInTheGap said...

Congratulations on making it to this milestone, and I pray that your pregnancy continues without incident!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your baby. And thanks for posting about FOCA!

Joy said...

Yes, thank you for posting the site for FOCA.... good point about 'not torturing terrorists' compared to the torture of abortion.

Tori said...

I'm also praying for you and your precious child!

Now is the time to rise up more than ever in prayer for our nation's babies... It is not a time for fear, but faith.

Amazing blog! ♥ Tori