Monday, January 19, 2009

01/19/09 - Being Pregnant

When I was pregnant with my second son, my older sister was very unsympathetic to my daily struggle with morning sickness.

Here I was, 31, married, pregnant with number 2, with my own house, a wonderful husband and what did I have to complain about. Lesli was 32, unmarried and living with mom and dad.

In that pregnancy, I'll admit I complained way too much, and Lesli would say, "What do you have to complain about!"

She was right, I had nothing to complain about...I had everything I ever wanted...to be a wife and mom!

So here I sit, almost 10 weeks pregnant with number three, sick, and mentally worn out of almost 5 weeks of being sick. (I describe my morning sickness like the stomach flu week upon week.) But this I know, God has given me my hearts deepest desire and that although this season is rough it's short! Thanks for all your prayers, encouragement, and support!

3 comments:

MInTheGap said...

It is pretty crazy to think of the work that comes with the blessing, and yet the life together with the child is well worth the torture that we go through to get them here.

arcee said...

When we move from one stage into the next in our journey with God, it can be easy to take the blessings we've been given for granted since now we've got some new hurdle to conquer!

Most of us can benefit from the reminder of where we have come from and to give thanks in all things...even if that's pregnancy or in my case, single and living with my parents...

bethimus said...

As a pregnant woman, you are allowed to be thankful and miserable at the same time. No one has the right to deny you your need for comfort during a struggle. I was sick the whole 9 months with my last pregnancy (#4), and I can honestly say I was thankful for all the blessings of God, but I was also praying quite earnestly for God to remove the curse of "pain in childbearing."