Wednesday, December 17, 2008

12/17/08 - New Year's Resolution

We only have 14 days of 2008 left! This year has flown by!

I know I have activities planned 11 of the next 14 days, so the New Year seems far off, but it really isn't!

Most people make some type of New Year's Resolution. Most people break their resolution by the second or third week of the new year. But this coming year I want to challenge you to read through your bible.

Our church has set forth the challenge to read the bible cover to cover in 2009. They are hoping the whole church reads and each Sunday the sermon will cover something we've read that week.

I will be reading the bible cover to cover this year. This will be the third time I've read straight through and I am looking forward to reading again.

There are lots of ways to read through the bible. I've read cover to cover with the help with Bible Pathway, a daily devotional to give you perspective on what you will be reading. I've also read the Chronological Bible, which is a fascinating way to read through.

You could also buy the bible on MP3 or CD's.

Here is an on-line reading schedule to read cover to cover. Or you can read a little bit of Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs each day.

If you've never taken the time to read through the bible, make 2009 the year you commit to read the bible cover to cover!

(If you're interested, our pastor has spent the last three Sunday's sharing the importance of reading through the bible. You can listen to past sermons: HERE!)

4 comments:

Trinity Mommy said...

Thank you for sharing this! My husband and I were looking for a push in the right direction regarding scheduling reading through the Bible... the links have been very helpful!

christinnjon said...

Thank you for those links. I like the one from Bible Pathway and will be starting tomorrow. I keep trying to find the best one, but reading the Bible doesn't have to be brain surgery! LOL Personally, I like the devotional that goes with it, the Bible memory verse and other tools that go with the reading. Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

I don't know when or how long you used your "name Heather Patenaude" but there's another Heather Patenaude out here that might have a few things to say about your emotional purity. Smart to change your name to Heather Paulsen.

Heather Paulsen said...

I am Heather Patenaude. My maiden name was Heather Paulsen. I first published the book under the name Heather Paulsen, so I've just kept it as that even though I got married five years ago.

Heather