Friday, December 5, 2008

12/05/08 - Fear

What fear grips your heart?

Maybe the idea of an unfulfilled expectation or desire. Maybe the fear of losing someone close to you. Maybe not living up to the expectations of your family. Maybe your past keeps your future in constant state of fear.

We all have fears. But what you do with your fears and how do you respond to fear?

At the very core of fear is lack of trust in God. It's not trusting the goodness of God. It's not trusting that He's got it under control. It's all very basic, but can be hard to walk through.

John Piper said at True Woman: "Wimpy theology makes wimpy women."

If you have a "wimpy" idea of God, lifes curve balls will throw you off track. If you have a "big" idea of God, you'll know it's all under His control!

2 comments:

Liberty said...

I just came across your blog by chance. I am so thankful for your book. After I read it a few years ago, I bought it for all of our cousins. I really want to teach it to our youth at church. I just wanted you to know that it has touched many lives in our family alone. Thank you.

Heather Paulsen said...

Thanks for your note!!