Wednesday, November 26, 2008

11/26/08 - Nothing Left

When you get to the end of your life, what do you want to have held back for yourself?

What was Jesus' example? He didn't hold anything back for himself! He gave, gave, gave, and then gave some more!

Lately, as I ponder the life of Christ, I realize that a Christ-like life, is a life totally poured out. It means not thinking of myself or my comfort at all. It means thinking of others as more important than me.

Practically, I've seen how God has worked this in my life lately. I selfishly want to do something, but in order to think of someone better than myself, I do what would please them. It's tough! It's not a lot of fun, but the pay off is to live before God with a pure heart and a clear conscience!

Let me just say, so there is no confusion, I believe in boundaries. I believe in saying "no" if my husband or family will suffer by me being too busy. However, most of the areas that God challenges me in this area are little acts, not huge time sacrificing!

So this is my goal: live my life poured out for the sake and glory of our Lord and Savior!

1 comment:

mount hope church said...

what an amazing blog post, keep them up!