I'll confess that I walk through much of my day not pondering the grace that's been extended to me, but I must realize that all my life is possible through God's grace.
I found today's exercise helpful and wanted to share.
"I need God's grace in my life to:
- deal with major disappointment
- be morally pure
- forgive someone who has hurt me deeply
- seek forgiveness from someone I have wronged
- bear chronic physical pain
- repent of a particular sin
- mend a broken relationship
- resist a particular sin
- break off a wrong relationship
- overcome a besetting sin
- meet pressing financial needs
- break a habit
- guard my tongue
- handle loneliness
- love a family member who is hard to love
- deal with the pain of my past
- be faithful to my mate
- deal with guilt and failure of my past
- take specific step of obedience
- honor my parents (or in laws)
- be kind and patient with my kids
- love my wife as Christ loves the church
- accept a particular ministry opportunity
- respect and submit to my husband
- fulfill the ministry He has entrusted to me"
What a great list and I am sure we can add to that.
Thank you God for your amazing grace, may be ever be mindful of it!