Friday, October 31, 2008

10/31/08 - My random thoughts

Today in my bible reading, I read this:

James 4: 6b-10 Therefore it says,"God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." 7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

Also, yesterday on two other blogs I read they quoted this verse:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Tuesday's election is important, but even more important, I believe, it is each of us being humble, seeking God, repenting, turning from evil, and then living out those actions!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow, I don't remember that last verse. I even sang a song for voice lessons last year with almost that exact wording! ("He calls us to be humble, He calls us now to pray - if we will seek His face, and turn from sinful ways, He promises to hear us, He promises to guide us, He promises forgiveness and to heal our land!")