Monday, October 27, 2008

10/27/08 - God's Word

Have you read through your bible from cover to cover?

Next year my church is going through the bible. I am very excited to know that each Sunday we'll hear a message on what we've read and I am looking forward to the accountability of knowing that my church family will be on the same page as me in our daily bible reading.

I just recently read this verse in Jeremiah 23:29: Is not my word like fire, declares the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

If you've not read through the bible, I'd encourage you to make it your New Year Resolution for 2009!!

2 comments:

Alysa said...

I have... six times! I'm on the seventh time through it now, and it's like a new book all over again to me.

I'd like to encourage anyone thinking of reading it through, or struggling to do so... just pick it up and read! Even if you loose your place on the Bible reading plan, or neglect it for a while, don't let guilt overwhelm you. Just keep reading. I promise that the more you read, the more you will love to read it!

Anonymous said...

The Bible is amazing! Sometimes I find it hard to read lots at a time. I found that quality can be better that quantity. What I mean is that sometimes I will read and read and nothing sinks in or my mind wanders off. There are lots of different ways to study the bible and there are lots of different things in the bible to study. Sometimes I can get side-tracked with finding out lots of information about something in the bible that I can miss actually connecting with God and finding the application of God's words in my life. Find ways that work for you and bring you to closer to God. "When you seek Him you will find Him if you search for Him will all your heart"
Blessings to you as you study the Bible, Elisabeth