Monday, October 20, 2008

10/20/08 - Fallow Ground

This verse has been one I've been memorizing. When I did a little study on fallow ground, it reminded me of the times of dryness I've had with the Lord. It has spoken to me and I want to share!

Hosea 10:12b: break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.

Is it time to break up your fallow ground?

First, lets see what fallow ground is. Dictionary.com says fallow as:

-adjective
1. (of land) plowed and left unseeded for a season or more; uncultivated.
2. not in use; inactive: My creative energies have lain fallow this year.

–noun
3.land that has undergone plowing and harrowing and has been left unseeded for one or more growing seasons

When Hosea is asking us to break up our fallow ground is saying that at one point we've had a harvest in our heart, we've produced fruit, but now we've let it go and the weeds have grown up, therefore no harvest is produced.

What is the condition of your heart? Have you allowed your heart to stay soft to God?

God wants us to come to Him with a heart willing, open, and pliable!

2 comments:

Trinity Mommy said...

I am right here in this need for change! I needed to read this post, thank you for inspiring and convicting!

Margaret said...

I saw your comment on the True Women Blog. And that how I found your "blogspot" I have been encouraged to memorize that verse on fallow ground.
Thanks and God Bless....
Margaret