Wednesday, September 17, 2008

09/17/08 - Purity

My heart is that God's children will grasp for purity in their lives. Not just in the area of emotional purity, but physical, their thoughts, actions, and any other aspect of their life.

Do I think emotional purity is a salvation issue? Of course not! I do not believe that you have to be emotionally pure to be saved. I do however believe that finding and maintaining emotional purity, as well as other areas of purity in your life, will lead to peace, joy, and a guilt free conscience.

God desire is for us to find purity. Even as a married woman I am called to be pure in many areas of my life. It doesn't end once your married, but takes on a new meaning. For me purity is in how I treat those around me, how I present myself, what I think about, how I treat my husband and remain emotionally faithful to him.

Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. Matt 5:8

2 comments:

Giancarlo said...

Dear Heather:

I just finished reading your book. You don´t have an idea of how it blessed my life. It was like a refreshing fountain of information based on the Bible. I am so excited about sharing your book with my maexican friends. You know, i live in monterrey and I think this would be a great subject to our youth group.

I have a proposition for you. I would like to translate your book to spanish (no charge), I would send it to you so you can sell it to your publisher. How does that sound to you?

I am working with a friend of mine doing the translation of the Harris Blog (the rebelution), we already have their permition, so it would be awesome to add your book to our project.

Please let me know your opinion on this.

Again, thank you for that precious book of yours.

God bless you and thank you.

In Christ,

Gian

MInTheGap said...

You're right-- purity continues through all walks of life-- it's one of the highest calls.

When God says "be holy for I am holy" He's making a call for purity.