Monday, September 15, 2008

09/15/08 - Psalms 73

Lately I keep coming back to Psalms 73 in my bible study. Have you read Psalms 73 lately? I'd recommend you read it, but here are just a few of my thoughts on the Psalms.

Often we see those who are not trusting and following God prosper. They always have a boy/girlfriend, they are popular, good looking, fun, and seem to have the latest and greatest gadget. They appear to have no worries or cares. Their future is a big canvas that is full of opportunity. All of their relationships appear to be conflict free and they're just sailing through life.

Then you compare them to your life: God is always challenging you to lay aside your will and follow Him, you feel pressed in on every side. Life never seems easy or smooth!

But then you put on your eternal perspective glasses and you see what eternity holds. Once you gain that perspective everything becomes clear. Remember that God doesn't promise a smooth life, but one full of peace and joy if we follow Him.

Two weeks ago my pastor said, "There is no pointless pain in the Christian's life."

So remember God will use whatever it is you are going through to shape and mold you to His Son!

2 comments:

arcee said...

Job 23:8-10
Behold, I go forward, but he is not there, and backward, but I do not perceive him; on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him; he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him. But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

MInTheGap said...

I like that line about there being no pointless pain. It reminds me of this post where the author says that we need to take heart when we think we're going to be done, and yet we still have a long way to go.

And yet God is with us.

Thanks for the reminder!