Monday, August 18, 2008

08/18/08 - Complaining

Do you think you could spend one whole day not complaining?

No complaining about: the weather, your marital status, your mate, your job, your boss, traffic, the cashier at the store, your car, your parents, your friends and their lack of sensitivity to your needs, your computer, TV, the moral state of our nation, the Olympic broadcast, the messy house, laundry, other drivers, your kids, the Presidential race, money (or lack there of), the loss you've experienced, your dead cell phone, your past, your future, the Internet, bad food....the list is endless.

Yes, we do complain about anything and everything!

Philippians 2:14: Do everything without complaining or arguing.

Are you up for a challenge?

I am!

4 comments:

MInTheGap said...

Wow would that be difficult! If you stop to think of how much of the day and our daily conversations are taken up commenting on things around us, and how much of that is actually complaining...

Yes, it's a great goal. Whew-- a lot of work and grace!

ladyakofa said...

God spoke to me about this just last Wednesday! Just do everything that I know I need to do without complaining! You should read it, in The Message translation- no bickering, no 2nd guessing, etc...

I need grace in this area too!

Heather Paulsen said...

Yes, we all need grace to do this!!

Anonymous said...

This is really neat that you wrote about this. The Lord convicted me in this area several weeks ago. I have purposed not to complain. But, can I just say I find myself doing it over and over again... Complaining covers so much of what we say!!! Ahhhh!!! it's overwhelming! I do really think that complaining can hurt a person's testimony without them even realizing it. They may not even realize they are doing it. I know I don't realize it at times. With prayer and carefulness and asking God to help me guard what I say I hope to break this habit. It is nice to hear that other people are at the same spot you are at times. Thanks for you post! :-)