Friday, August 15, 2008

08/15/08 - Peace

For any of you who are followers of my blog, you've guessed by now that I write about whatever I am learning, go through, questions I receive, or what others are going through. Most days my blog is written that day, in the moment that I am in, and in what I have seen, learned, or begun to grasp.

I just wanted to explain that for those of you who may be new to my blog. I don't always focus on emotional purity, but I've written about that through the 18 plus months of this blog. This blog is really my encouragement to you to be fixed on Jesus and glorify Him through every aspect of your life!

Okay, now on to the thoughts I have for you today!

In the past two months it seems that every time my husband and I have opened up God's Word to study it together, we read about peace: peace with others, seeking peace, the fruit of peace. We're being to wonder what God has in store for us, but we have begun to study more about peace in God's Word. We've also begun to pray peace into our lives.

You know this has been such a peaceful month. We have things being thrown at us from all different directions (that's just life, right!?!) and I have found myself more at peace than ever before. (Light bulb moment: maybe this is just what I am studying peace for, daily living!!!)

Yesterday I dug a little deeper into the topic of peace in God's Word and I just wanted to share my notes.

Peace: Harmony in personal relationship, state of calm, freedom from strife (from my bible dictionary)

Prov. 14:30: Peace = health
1 Cor. 7:15: God has called us to live in peace
Ps. 34:14: Seek and pursue peace
Heb. 12:14: Make every effort to live in peace with others
1 Thess. 5:12: Live in peace with each other
Heb. 13:20: God of peace
Eph. 6:15 Gospel of peace
Col. 3:15: Peace of Christ should rule, called to peace
1 Thess. 2:2 Prayers for others will bring peace

There are many God fearing Christians who lack peace in their lives. I have had seasons of little to no peace in my own life. If you are at that place, remember God is the God of peace, not the God of confusion, disharmony or discord.

May God grant you peace this week!

1 comment:

Daniel's Mom said...

Thank you for this!!!