Saturday, July 19, 2008

07/19/08 - Time off

In my time off of the Internet I've realized a few things. Most of these lessons were in how to have better time management with my computer time.

My normal computer time comes when my boys are napping, but I find myself checking e-mail, other blogs, facebook, and various other sites. It's my "down" time. But without the Internet for two weeks I read a couple of books, had some amazing bible time, watched a couple of great teaching DVDs, and found myself more peaceful.

It's not easy to explain, but it was a good thing to be without the Internet. I have some new ideas in how I want to spend my computer time and how I want to spend my "down" time.

All this learning mind has had, it's overfull! God has been casting new light on Scripture and shown me His desire for me to keep on seeking Him passionately. Not just seeking Him for my own sake, but to share with others His deep, love for them. I have this intense desire to point people to Christ, in a new a fresh way. I have a passion to make every aspect of my life completely and totally glorifying to Christ.

I feel like words are escaping me in how to share this fully. My prayer is that you will see, through my blog, a life surrendered to the will of God!

3 comments:

hannah said...

Hi, Heather,

I just wanted to share a link to a post I just read that your readers might benefit from:

http://visionarydaughters.com/2008/07/brothers-and-sisters-in-christ

Thanks for your blog...I read your book several years ago.

Laura J. Wright said...

Hi Heather,

I just read your post and feel very convicted. I have spent to much time of late on the computer and will be sending the computer power cord with my husband to work tomorrow. One whole day without the computer should be a good lesson on time management.

Thanks for the reminder
Laura :)

arcee said...

i'm glad the time away from internet use was refreshing! :)