I just recently heard this quote and it's stuck in my mind.
As I sat to do some bible study the thought came to me again and I began to just pour out what it means to be a consistent witness to a dark, depraved sinful society...looking, hoping, begging for something more than what the the world has to offer.
- Being steady
- Being faithful
- Producing the fruits of the Spirit
- Being committed
- Being a person of my word
- Having nothing in my life I am ashamed of
- Speaking well of others
- Keeping my thoughts pure
- Not setting out to hurt others
- Being obedient to the laws of the land
- Being respective of the leaders of the land
- Being a woman of integrity
- Submitting to authority (my husband, church leaders)
- Asking for forgiveness
- Being humble
- Serving others
- Loving people who annoy me
- Having a pleasant attitude in an unpleasant situation
- Being okay with unmet expectations
- Not engaging in gossip of slander
- Being open to constructive criticism
- Letting God defend me
- Not becoming defensive when I am confronted
Phew! How I pray that when others see my life, they see a consistent witness for the cross of Jesus. I pray they see a life that is submitted to the control of our Lord.
What would change if all who profess Jesus as their Savior lived consistent witnesses to those around them?