Monday, July 14, 2008

07/14/08 - Consistent

"A good witness is a consistent witness."

I just recently heard this quote and it's stuck in my mind.

As I sat to do some bible study the thought came to me again and I began to just pour out what it means to be a consistent witness to a dark, depraved sinful society...looking, hoping, begging for something more than what the the world has to offer.

  • Being steady
  • Being faithful
  • Producing the fruits of the Spirit
  • Being committed
  • Being a person of my word
  • Having nothing in my life I am ashamed of
  • Speaking well of others
  • Keeping my thoughts pure
  • Not setting out to hurt others
  • Being obedient to the laws of the land
  • Being respective of the leaders of the land
  • Being a woman of integrity
  • Submitting to authority (my husband, church leaders)
  • Asking for forgiveness
  • Being humble
  • Serving others
  • Loving people who annoy me
  • Having a pleasant attitude in an unpleasant situation
  • Being okay with unmet expectations
  • Not engaging in gossip of slander
  • Being open to constructive criticism
  • Letting God defend me
  • Not becoming defensive when I am confronted

Phew! How I pray that when others see my life, they see a consistent witness for the cross of Jesus. I pray they see a life that is submitted to the control of our Lord.

What would change if all who profess Jesus as their Savior lived consistent witnesses to those around them?

1 comment:

Kafo said...

speaking well of others

whew

say that again